Extremely Easy and Cheap DIY Room Decor and Organization!
Hello DIYers and all alike,
Today I have two super easy and fairly cheap DIY’s for you! Especially if you live in a small space and need the extra organization!
DIY 1 – What you need:
- Mason jars
- Hemp yarn
- Succulent plants
- Chalk paint
- Paint brush
- Wood panel
- Frame Hooks
- Chalk or Chalk pen
I found all of this (except the succulent plants) at Joann’s or Micheals. I found the plants at Lowes.
- Transfer the succulent plants to the mason jars. I had a total of four to be evenly spaced on my wood panel.
- Tie the Hemp yarn around the mason jars lip and leave some out at the end to knot it behind the wood panel later.
- Make even spaced holes to place mason jars at.
- With the chalk paint outline the phase you wish to say. Mine will say “Hello Gorgeous”
- With the chalk or permanent chalk pen, write your phrase once the chalk paint dries. It does not take long to dry, maybe 5 minutes or so depending on how thick you put it on.
- Add the frame hooks so you can easily hang your work.
- Tie the mason jars in the back to secure them to the wood panel. Make sure they are extremely tight or they will not hold!
- Hang on the wall and enjoy your masterpiece! and do not forget to feed your succulents every once and awhile!
DIY 2 – What you need:
- Wood paneled crate (I had two)
- Your choice of spray paint
- Chalk paint
- Chalk or permanent chalk pen
- Paint Brush
I found all these supplies at Joann’s as well! I’m sure you can find them at any other craft store if needed!
- Move to a space where you can freely spray paint without ruining anything. Spray paint the whole box! I only did one layer but if you want a more opaque look you may want to go for a second coat. One bottle was enough.
- Paint a square on the crate so you can label what you are going to put inside the crate.3. Use the chalk to write your label! As you can see I labeled mine “Bathroom Shit” (pun totally intended 😉 ) and “Craft Supplies”. Fill them up and enjoy the clutter free space!
I hope you enjoyed these easy crafts! Tweet me pictures if you try them @mandagirl !
Remember that you are always an inspiration to this world and are a beautiful soul!
Also check out my youtube channel and subscribe to my blog!
Thanks for reading! See you next time,