DIY Marble Clay Coasters
I hope your week went well and you all enjoy your weekend! I am going to be sharing a DIY marble clay coaster with you all today! This DIY was a lot of trial and error but I finally figured it out! and as always so much fun!
You will need:
- oven bake model clay (air dry clay) make sure it is oven baked clay!
- a rolling pin (or something to flatten the clay)
- a cup, bowl, or something with a circular form
- sharpies (optional)
- a butter knife
- and Imagination!
- Its not an exact measurement but you want 6 chunks about this size of clay. You can do separate colors or the same colors but keep in mind if you do 2 of the same colors it will dominate the coaster.
- Make the chunks into little snake shapes.
- Align them altogether. they do not have to be the same size but you can cut them to the same size.
- Now twist all the colors together like I have! This is the fun part! Roll it into a ball, then into a snake loop, and continue to twist. The more you twist the more of a marbly look your going to get.
- Now roll it pretty flat. You do not want your drink to be tipsy on the coaster. Then with your circular form cut a circle out of the clay. If you have extra put it to the side for now.
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees when you have finished all your coasters.
- With all the extras I combined them and formed it around the bottom of the bowl to make a small bowl. You can make more coasters if you would rather.
- They bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes. **If you bought the wrong clay they will either melt everywhere or shrink and shrivel! Both those happened to be so make sure its the right clay!!
- The sharpies are to decorate after they have cooled. Here is an example.
Bye bye for now,